MSA are experienced in project management, property maintenance, improvements, block repairs, building alterations, extensions and new build construction.
Whether you are a planning a project as a homeowner, developer, freeholder or business our project management services are wide ranging and adaptable to meet your needs.
Managing a project can be fraught with unforeseen issues requiring expertise and experience to effectively plan and deliver a project on time, to budget and at the expected level of quality. At MSA we endeavour to make the experience as simple and stress free as possible for you with one point of contact, as Employer’s Agent, to reduce the burden of having to deal with various contractors and/or consultants. This leaves you time to spend on more pleasing aspects of a project such as interior design.
Projects are often left in the hands of contractors to deliver with no independent oversight which can lead to a lack of control over the works, over spending, unverified variations, delays, over valuations, etc. By having an independent surveyor on board you can have the peace of mind that the works are being adequately monitored.
Our project management service caters for the following:
- Preparing a design brief
- Preparing a consultancy based design package including measured survey, planning, building control and engineering drawings and other details
- Submitting planning and building control applications
- Arranging specialist consultants
- Liaising with adjacent property owners regarding works, party wall matters and access
- Preparing a specification of works and tender documentation
- Sourcing contractors and liaising with them in order to tender for the works
- Tender analysis and contractor selection recommendation
- Appointing a contractor and formalising a building contract
- Contract administration during the works including undertaking periodic inspections of the works, issuing valuations, administering variations and other certificates in accordance with the contract
- Collating final certificates and assisting in handover
Freehold owners of large blocks with other leasehold interests contained therein have a duty to maintain the upkeep of external and communal parts of a building. This may involve consultation with leaseholders who are required to contribute to the costs. MSA can assist in surveying and reporting on the repairs required, preparing a specification of works and tendering for the works to demonstrate a fair and reasonable requirement and cost for the works. We can also assist in the serving of Section 20 Notices under the Landlord and Tenant Act for qualifying works.
It is advisable to be proactive with maintenance issues and the most ideal way to attend to this is by having a planned preventative maintenance schedule in place which identifies elements within a building requiring repair or future maintenance and the anticipated timings for carrying out those repairs.
Please contact us for further advice to establish how best we can assist in you.