At MSA we strongly believe in ‘getting it right first time’. This requires thoughtful and methodical planning at the design stage to ensure a project is given the best chance of success.
Through our design consultancy we provide a wide ranging service to property owners looking to undertake extensions, conversions, improvements and adaptations to buildings. The following is a list of our services split into planning and building control stages:
Stage 1 – Planning
- Conducting a full measured survey of the property.
- Producing scheme proposals for your approval.
- Producing drawings ready for submission to your local planning office.
- Producing any design and access statements which may be required for the submission.
- Providing ordinance survey maps to accompany the planning application.
- Completing all application forms needed for submitting plans to your local planning office.
- Amendments to drawings and first re-submission, if the initial application is rejected by the planning office.
Stage 2 – Building Control
- Produce technical drawings to accompany a submission to building control for full plans approval.
- Provide structural calculations to accompany the building control application.
- Completing all application forms needed for the submission to building control for full plans approval.
- Any amendments to technical drawings and specification made after examination by Building Control officer so as to obtain full building control permission.
- Any technical drawings, specifications and application forms needed for any submissions to Thames water, in the event that works are necessary to the existing below ground drainage.
Please contact us to discuss your proposed project further and we can arrange for a designer to visit your property to review your requirements in more detail and organise a tailored quotation for your project.
In addition to design services we also provide project management services which could be of great assistance depending on the nature of your proposed project. Please click on the Project Management & Maintenance service tab for further information.